A few months ago, I realized that I really needed to update our windows and a few other glass fixtures around the house. I started searching for a great glass shop in the area, and I was able to find a place that I felt really good about. I worked with them to replace our mirrors, our glass shower enclosures, and our windows. When we were finished, our house looked and felt brand new on the inside and the outside. I was really impressed with how much of a difference those changes made. This blog is all about installing better glass in your home.
The spa bath is old news. Today's homeowners want the ultimate, multi-sensory experience in their master bathrooms. Life is hard, and homeowners want to completely forget all their worries when they sink down into the bathtub. The list of "must haves" has grown over the decades since indoor plumbing topped everyone's wish list. These days we want warm, cozy, and big. Really, really big.
1. Soaking Tub: Big, jetted tubs have been a staple in bathrooms for a few decades now, but it is time to step up your game. The new "must have" is a deep soaker tub that can actually cover your knees and your back with water at the same time. In addition to being completely overwhelmed by all the warm water, we want lights. Chromatherapy is the latest in bathroom bliss. Underwater colored lights combine with the pulse of the jets to completely relax the bather.
2. Glassed-In Steam Shower: Showers are no longer a square box with a simple head that you squeeze into with your arms down at your sides. They are massive, glass-enclosed steam sensations with multiple showerheads hitting you from every direction. Rain showerheads drizzle you from above; pulsating, massive streams hit you just between the shoulder blades; and steam -- glorious steam -- envelopes the entire space for the ultimate morning shower experience. Who wouldn't want one?
3. Heated Toilet Seats: Anyone who has ever woken up early on a winter's morning will know the shock of a cold toilet seat. It's not exactly a pleasant way to be jolted awake. There are now heated toilet seats that can be installed in your bathroom, keeping everything in there cozy and warm. Yes, you read that correctly. The. Seat. Is. Heated. Cold butts everywhere are cheering.
4. Bidet: The bidet has long been the butt of jokes in America (pun intended). The Europeans may be on to something, however. Having a bidet in your bathroom is one of life's little luxuries. No one needs a detailed explanation to how things work; just try it.
5. Towel Warmer: After such a fabulous bathing experience, no one wants to wrap up in a plain, old towel. You have to have a towel warmer so those terry loops are soft, warm, and cozy. In today's luxury master bathrooms, even the act of drying off should be a pleasurable one.
Whether you are building new or remodeling an existing master bathroom, consider the "must have" elements above for the ultimate multi-sensory bathing experience.Share
15 December 2018